|Placeable||✓ (2 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
Geysers are traps that spew a vertical stream of fire when triggered with wire on the Console version. On the Desktop version and Mobile version they will activate if a player (not an enemy) touches them, and will generate on worldgen without pressure plates or wires (but they can still be triggered by wires as a player-placed trap). They consume no ammunition, their output being limited only by a cooldown period of ~3.33 (3 1/3) seconds. Geyser streams extend approximately 20 tiles up or down, depending on placement. They are found naturally-placed in random areas that are deep enough to generate lava, including the Underworld and deeper Cavern areas, wired to Pressure Plates.
Geysers can be placed on the top or bottom of blocks, facing upward or downward respectively, but not sideways.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Flame Traps, Geysers do not inflict the On Fire! debuff.
- If a Geyser is blocked by less than 29 other solid blocks, of at least 4 vertical blocks and 2 horizontal blocks, including liquids, it will pass through them signaled by puffs of smoke moving through the blocks, beginning the wall of fire at the first opening. The smoke will still inflict damage on players if touched.
- Activated Geysers will not free any placed objects, including Torches.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Geyser traps are now set off just by stepping on them.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Multiple placement issues fixed.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.