|Placeable||✔️ (2 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
Geysers are traps that spew a vertical stream of fire when triggered via wire or when stepped on by a player. They are found naturally-placed in random areas that are deep enough to generate lava, including the Underworld and deeper Cavern areas.
On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, they will activate when a player touches them, and will generate without Pressure Plates or wires. However, they can still be triggered by wires.
On the tModLoader version, they can only be triggered by wires, and will generate with Pressure Plates wired to them.
They consume no ammunition, and their output is limited only by a cooldown period of 3.33 (3 1/3) seconds. Geyser streams extend approximately 20 tiles up or down, depending on placement.
Geysers can be placed on the top or bottom of blocks, facing upward or downward respectively, but not sideways.
- Geysers are highlighted by the Dangersense buff.
- Unlike Flame Traps, Geysers do not inflict the On Fire! debuff.
- If a Geyser is blocked by less than 29 other solid blocks, of at least 4 vertical blocks and 2 horizontal blocks, including liquids, it will pass through them signaled by puffs of smoke moving through the blocks, beginning the wall of fire at the first opening. The smoke will still inflict damage on players if touched.
- Activated Geysers will not free any placed objects, including Torches.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Geysers can now be triggered by a player stepping on them.
- Geysers no longer generate with wire connected to a Pressure Plate.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Multiple placement issues fixed.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.