|Tooltip||5% increased damage and critical strike chance|
10% increased melee and movement speed
The Gi is an armor item that can be equipped in the shirt slot. It provides 4 defense along with a 5% damage and critical strike chance boost to weapons. It also provides a 10% melee and movement speed increase. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 2. The Gi will visually cover up what is equipped in the pants slot.
- The Gi gives a wide variety of damage bonuses, making it more potent than many other pre-Hardmode armors. If the player values damage over defense, and does not want a set bonus, then they can use the Gi with a helmet and leggings from another set.
- This, combined with the fact that it is obtainable very early, makes it a very powerful piece of armor.
- A Gi, or Keikogi (稽古着 or 稽古衣), is a traditional uniform favored by martial artists.
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed sitting players wearing the Gi being in a "jumping" pose.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Fixed leg sprites being genderswapped.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed male sprite, which was bugged.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.