|AI Type||Bat AI|
|Banner||Giant Bat Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Increased damage, Decreased life regen, Causes status effects|
|Duration||expertonly30 - 90 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
|Duration||5 seconds10 seconds|
The Giant Bat is a Hardmode bat enemy that spawns in the Cavern layer. It can inflict the Confused debuff, causing the game controls to reverse. It can also inflict the Feral Bite debuff in Expert Mode. It appears much bigger than a normal Cave Bat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once a world enters Hardmode, Giant Bats will almost entirely replace the once common Cave Bat, making the Chain Knife weapon much harder to obtain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Giant Bat: "The oversized cousins of Cave Bats, these bats are more dangerous and can confuse their enemies with their bite."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Sprite updated.
- Has a chance to inflict Feral Bite debuff in Expert mode.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health decreased from 160 to 100.
- Damage decreased from 70 to 45.
- Defense decreased from 20 to 16.
- Now has a chance to drop a Trifold Map.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.