Giant Cursed Skull
|AI Type||Cursed Skull AI|
|Banner||Giant Cursed Skull Banner|
The Giant Cursed Skull is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy found in the Dungeon, most commonly in areas with Tiled or Slab Walls. It acts similarly to the Cursed Skull in flight pattern, except it is much larger and will occasionally shoot high-velocity blasts that pass through tiles. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, it has a chance to inflict the Cursed debuff on contact and via its projectiles.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It will not usually cast bolts through walls until it has passed into open space or been damaged by the player (using weapons that can pass through walls, such as Nettle Burst). After being damaged or going into open space, it can fire bolts even if inside walls.
- It will open its mouth prior to attacking, and its attack can be interrupted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is a larger, post-Plantera counterpart of the Cursed Skull. According to the Bestiary, the Cursed Skull is the Giant Cursed Skull's smaller cousin.
- The Bestiary entry for the Giant Cursed Skull: "No one knows where these giant skulls came from, but like their smaller cousins, they seek out and curse the living with their magic."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.