While mostly an annoyance later in the game, Giant Worms can be difficult for newer players to kill because of their speed, and their tendency to "hit and run" behind walls where the player can not quickly follow. Worms also tend to follow players around, and can even follow them to the surface. It is best to fight them in an open area, rather than a small cave or tunnel. Although they are in the background, players can hit them with any weapon as they pass by, and can even hit them through walls if their weapons can reach.
- The Giant Worm, like all other burrowing creatures, can only "jump" a certain distance over the tile they emerge from.
- As with all burrowing creatures, the Giant Worm is immune to lava damage.
- The Giant Worm sprite is extremely similar to the sprite of the Leech.
- The Giant Worm is normally the first Worm the Player encounters.
- If you use the Magic Mirror while nearby a worm, it will follow you home and continue to attack you. It is possible other burrowing mobs act like this, though it hasn't been confirmed.
- Added to the game.