As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children.
Glowing Mushrooms are crafting materials that can be found growing on Mushroom grass in the Glowing Mushroom biome. Harvesting these mushrooms has a chance of dropping a Glowing Mushroom and may also yield Mushroom Grass Seeds. They emit their own light, making them quite easy to find. If the conditions are right, Giant Glowing Mushrooms will spawn amongst the small ones. These can be harvested with an axe to yield several Glowing Mushrooms and Mushroom Grass Seeds. Some Mushroom vines also grow under Mushroom grass and also drop Glowing Mushrooms when broken.
total: 3 row(s)
- Glowing Mushrooms can grow on actuated Mushroom grass. They will instantly be harvested.
- Unharvested ("living") Glowing Mushrooms act the same as Mushroom grass when counting towards whether a Glowing Mushroom biome is established, but Glowing Mushrooms placed as blocks do not count, nor do Mushroom Walls or Mushroom furniture.
- Glowing Mushroom Vines growing from the bottoms of Mushroom grass have multiple segments, which each count as separate mushrooms for harvesting purposes.
- Similarly, Glowing Mushroom Cattails grown on Mushroom grass submerged in Water will grow arbitrarily tall to reach past the surface of the water, with each segment acting as a separate, harvestible mushroom.
- The simplest way to monetize a surplus of Glowing Mushrooms is by making Mushroom Candelabras.
- Glowing Mushroom farms can take advantage of upside-down and submerged Glowing Mushrooms (which ostensibly grow more Mushrooms per block of Mushroom Grass) to be more efficient.
- Glowing Mushrooms can be considered the Glowing Mushroom biome variant of Wood. They are dropped from Giant Glowing Mushrooms when harvested, may be placed as a block without crafting them into a block beforehand, and can be crafted into furniture.
- The blue parts of a Glowing Mushroom, Mushroom Grass blocks, and Giant Glowing Mushrooms turn pink during a Blood Moon.
- Glowing Mushrooms placed into an upside-down T shape can be hammered and painted to look like rocks. However, the middle block needs to connect to the block below it for it to work.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Glowing Mushrooms vines will now grow from the bottom of Mushroom Grass blocks, and grow taller when submerged in water.
- Now used to craft the Mushroom Toilet.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- New crafting recipes for furniture added.
- Growing sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Healing reduced from 50 to 25 health points.
- Consumption will now trigger the Potion Sickness debuff.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Harvesting Glowing Mushrooms yields an item only some of the time.
- Mushroom Grass grows slower than before.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.