The Glowing Snail is an uncommon critter that only spawns on Glowing Mushroom biomes. It can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into a Glowing Snail Cage to be placed as an animated furniture item, and it also gives off a small amount of blue light. It cannot be released once crafted. Its counterpart is the Snail.
Along with its uncommon chance to spawn, it often spawns together with or near enemies, causing it to be killed rather easily by them or by accident by the player. It is also quite large compared to the normal cave dwelling counterpart, looking like an enemy rather than a critter.
Glowing Snails can be used as bait for fishing, having 15% bait power.
A Glowing Snail cage occupies a 3×2 space. The Glowing Snail inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Hide inside its shell
- Try to climb up to the ceiling of the cage and fall to the ground
- Make a whole loop around its cage
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Glowing Snails are more likely to spawn in an Underground Glowing Mushroom biome, however, since they will almost always be killed by other enemies, it is advisable to look for them in Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes instead.
- Before Hardmode, Glowing Snails are about twice as common, but can only appear above the surface. An artificial biome will need to be made to benefit from their increased spawn rate.
- Glowing Snails are able to spawn during a Blood Moon, and will benefit from the increased spawn rates. However, they are extremely likely to be killed by enemies.
- 1-tile high spaces allow Glowing Snails some degree of safety from enemies too big to fit, meaning more compact Glowing Mushroom farms also improve their odds of surviving to be captured.
- Glowing Snails sell for 50, so regularly checking Glowing Mushroom biomes for them can be an efficient way to make money.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Glowing Snail: "A snail that has mutated to adapt to the glowing mushroom environment. Fish are significantly attracted to these."
- Despite the claim in this entry, the Glowing Snail only has 15% bait power.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.