The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Gold Ore is a mineral obtained mainly underground, though rare surface sightings are possible. It is less common than Iron, Silver and Copper, and is normally found in formations of 5-30 blocks. Gold Ore is the strongest Ore to spawn on the surface layer. It is one tier below Demonite and one tier above Silver.
- Like many minerals, Gold Ore is more valuable to the Merchants than Gold Bars are.
- Gold Ore is also very commonly found on Floating Islands, and seems to also be near/inside Lava pits closer to The Underworld.
- Gold Ores look green near the Glowing Mushroom biome
- Since v1.2, there is a chance that your world will have all of its Gold Ore replaced with Platinum Ore during world generation, which will only allow you to craft Platinum Bars instead of Gold Bars. Those two ore types may look different, but their functionality is the same.
- The only way to obtain gold ore, if you world contains Platinum, is by using Silt/Slush on the Extractinator.
- Now stacks to 999.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|
|Items Requiring Gold|
|Tools||Gold Axe · Gold Hammer · Gold Pickaxe|
|Armor||Gold Helmet · Gold Chainmail · Gold Greaves|
|Weapons||Gold Bow · Gold Broadsword · Gold Shortsword · Ruby Staff|
|Vanity Items||Gold Crown|
|Furniture||Candelabra · Candle · Gold Chandelier · Throne|
|Other||Gold Bar · Gold Brick|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.