- Internal Item ID: 3085
The Golden Lock Box is a grab bag-type item which can be obtained from Dungeon or Stockade Crates with a 100% /
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) chance. It always contains one rare item normally found in locked Gold Chests in the Dungeon, and on the Console version, a random assortment of common items ranging from Healing Potions to Gold Coins. It requires one Golden Key to open, which can be obtained from any Dungeon enemy, generally a Dungeon Slime.
Due to the fact players will likely have several remaining keys even after unlocking every single locked chest in the dungeon, the Lock Box can prove useful for obtaining more loot, especially if there was a dungeon-exclusive item that did not spawn in a player's world.
|100%||1 in 1||Muramasa||1|
|33%||1 in 3||Healing Potion||2-5|
|67%||2 in 3||Spelunker Potion||1-3|
|Magic Power Potion|
|Obsidian Skin Potion|
|Wormhole Potion (multiplayer)|
|Recall Potion (singleplayer)|
|50%||1 in 2||Copper Coin||10-99|
|50%||1 in 2||Silver Coin||10-99|
|67%||2 in 3||Gold Coin||2-6|
- Despite the Golden Lock Box being a way to renewably obtain loot that would normally only generate randomly in the Dungeon, thus being similar to many other kinds of fishing crates, and despite the crates which contain it also containing Books (on Desktop and Mobile), neither the Dungeon Crate, Stockade Crate, nor Golden Lock Box contain the Bone Welder.
- On Console, this item may be particularly hard to obtain, as it is only obtainable from a Dungeon Crate, which can only be received from fishing in the Dungeon. Water may not naturally generate in the Dungeon.
- On the special seed 05162020, players can obtain Dungeon and Shadow Chest gear pre-Skeletron by opening Golden Lock Boxes.
- If the player does not have high defense or a Cobalt Shield, they may have trouble fishing, due to the increased enemy spawn rate that will constantly damage and knock them.
- To combat this, the player should break all nearby Water Candles, replace them with Peace Candles, and/or drink a Calming Potion to decrease enemy spawn rate.
- The player may also choose to box themselves in with blocks to avoid melee-based enemies, though this has no effect on enemies with wall-piercing attacks, such as the Dark Caster and Cursed Skull.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Valor can now drop, and Valor and Muramasa now have the same drop rates as every other item.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Increased chance to obtain from Dungeon Crate from 16.67% to 100%.
- No longer drops auxiliary items such as potions or coins.
- Shadow Keys drop more often.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.