- Internal Item ID: 1774
The Goodie Bag is a grab bag-type item available during the Halloween seasonal event. Each contains one random reward from the list below. Goodie Bags are opened by pressing ⚷ Open / Activate from within the player's inventory, similar to all other grab bags. They can be opened anytime, even outside the Halloween season.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Blood Moon Countess|
|Bride of Frankenstein set|
|Karate Tortoise set|
|Space Creature set|
|Treasure Hunter set|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Goodie Bags can quickly be acquired by defeating large numbers of enemies. While Water Candles and Battle Potions increase the regular spawn rate, events like the Goblin Invasion or the Slime Rain prove to be even more effective.
- Most Goodie Bag rewards are vanity item sets (66.6%) or Rotten Eggs (24.67%), with occasional paintings (7.4%). Costumes are mostly two or three pieces received together, and sell for 60 per piece. The paintings sell for 10 each.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the vanity sets are references to popular culture:
- The Creeper set is a reference to the sandbox video game Minecraft.
- The Space Creature set is a reference to the Xenomorph creature, a fictional endoparasitoid extraterrestrial species that is the eponymous antagonist of the Alien film series.
- The Karate Tortoise is a play on words in reference to the fictional teenaged anthropomorphic turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- The Leprechaun set is a reference to the 2006 Crichton Leprechaun, a supposed sighting of a leprechaun in a tree in Crichton (Mobile, Alabama).
- The Bride of Frankenstein is referencing the 1935 American science-fiction darkly comic horror movie The Bride of Frankenstein.
- The "Jacking Skeletron" painting is a reference to the 1993 American stop-motion animated musical dark fantasy Halloween-Christmas movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, in which the main character is Jack Skellington. The scene depicted in the painting is of Skeletron at an iconic location from the movie.
- Additionally, jacking is slang for stealing, and the main plot of The Nightmare Before Christmas was Jack Skellington attempting to steal Christmas so he could handle the holiday, instead of Santa.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.0: Introduced. ()
- Mobile 1.2.6667: Introduced. ()
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Reddit post by Redigit Oct 12, 2013