The Granite Elemental is an enemy that spawns in Granite Caves. It floats towards the player. In Expert Mode, Granite Elementals will occasionally drop to the ground defensively when attacked, making them immune to all damage until they begin hovering again.
When out of sight the Granite Elemental will move intelligently to reach a player's position e.g. A player will move upward out of a chasm in the Cavern & the Granite Elemental will follow such action moving according to player position.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A player will know that a Granite Cave is near if Granite Elementals pass through tiles and reach the player.
- Granite Elementals follow you as a Ghost if there is one present when you die.
- Only one Granite Elemental can be present in the world at all times.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As enemy names are now stored in a separate language file, the name parameter for an NPC remains unused. The name for the Granite Elemental is "Grelimental", a portmanteau of both "Granite" and "Elemental", in a similar style to the Granite Golem's "Grolem".
- During the official 1.3 trailer, Multiple Granite Elementals can be seen simultaneously, suggesting that their spawn limit was not yet added at the time.
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- The Bestiary entry for the Granite Elemental: "Earth elementals manifest through many forms by taking on the properties of different materials, such as this hardy granite."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.5: Introduced. ()
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced. ( )