The Grasshopper is a type of critter that can be found when destroying grass. It can be caught using the Bug Net or Golden Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later. Grasshoppers can also be used as bait for fishing.
Vegetation qualifying for Grasshopper spawns
|Short grass plants|
|Tall grass plants|
- The chance for a Grasshopper to spawn is 1/100 when destroying short grass plants and 1/50 when destroying tall grass plants. It can only spawn if there are less than 4 other Grasshoppers currently nearby.
- Because they follow the Slime AI, they can float in water.
- In the Old-gen console version, Grasshoppers are completely immune to damage from players.
- The Bestiary entry for the Grasshopper: "It leaps tall blades of grass in a single bound. Fish are fairly attracted to these."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be used to craft Grasshopper Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.