|Placeable||✔️ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows only liquids through|
Can be toggled open or closed
Grates can be toggled open and closed when triggered via wire. An open Grate is transparent, allowing light and liquid through, while a closed Grate is opaque and acts as a solid block. If a Grate is triggered while liquid is passing through it, the Grate holds the liquid until it is opened again or the liquid is removed by a player, e.g. via the use of an Empty Bucket, Super Absorbant Sponge, or Dry Bomb.
Bubbles function as the opposite of Grates, acting as background objects which prevent the flow of liquids through them but allow through other things like players.
Grates are not destroyed when dropped in lava, despite having a rarity of .
total: 1 row(s)
- Grates make gathering Hellstone without lava immunity much easier, as the lava produced from mined Hellstone will flow through the Grates but the ore will land on them where it can be safely collected.
- The tooltip for the item, 'They'rrrre great!', is a reference to the catchphrase of Tony the Tiger, the advertising cartoon mascot for Kellogg's Frosted Flakes breakfast cereal.
- It is furthermore a play on grate and great being homonyms.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.