It can also be used to travel over land quickly by hovering over the land instead of on it, so you don't slow down at every cave or hill and spend very little time getting around or over them. It can be used to travel even faster if you use a pair of Hermes Boots and get up to full speed before taking to the air. If you reach the top of the map with inverted gravity you will immediately flip gravity back to normal. It is strongly advised to bring multiple Gravitation Potions, equip anything that negates fall damage (such as Wings or a Lucky Horseshoe), or use a Magic Mirror in case the effects wear off in mid-flight, as this may lead to a player's untimely demise.
- The Gravitation Potion is an excellent way of ascending a Hellevator quickly if one does not own a Magic Mirror.
- It is usually used for building or PvP activities.
- It is very helpful for Hard Mode bosses as they can move around the screen a lot and being stuck on the ground leaves the player highly vulnerable.
- Finding several of these can be later used to discover Floating Islands. If there's any way you can fall down unharmed, you can stay on one of them and farm some Harpies for Feathers so you can craft your own Gravitation Potions.
- Sometimes when switching from regular gravity to inverted, the game will think that the player touched the ground. It only seems to work when the player has fallen for about a second, and there doesn't seem to be any fall damage consequences. The bug, however, can be used to refresh the flight of Wings or the Jetpack.
- When using the Gravitation Potion, The Drax will look like its mining upwards if gravity is flipped upwards.
- Sometimes, the new invert screen can 'glitch' up and invert the screen even though you're in the normal falling stage. (this is not yet confirmed.)
- The effect of the Gravitation Potion originated from the indie game named "VVVVVV".
- Gravitation Potions now invert the screen instead of inverting the player.
- Added to the game.