|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows the control of gravity|
The Gravitation Potion is a buff potion which grants the Gravitation buff when consumed. This buff allows the player to invert gravity with ▲ Up making the screen appear upside-down, fall upwards, and walk on top of the ceilings. The effect can be toggled while in midair.
This lasts for 3 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon ( ), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
total: 1 row(s)
- While flipping gravity resets the player's fall distance, this potion does not negate fall damage on its own. Using a Featherfall Potion, wings, a Lucky Horseshoe, an Obsidian Horseshoe or any Horseshoe Balloon will make using Gravitation Potions a lot safer.
- To negate fall damage using the Gravitation Potion alone, the player can flip gravity rapidly to cancel their momentum before landing.
- Falling upwards to the map's height limit will not damage the player, but it is possible to die by smacking into the underside of a Floating Island, or any other ceiling.
- Falling to a map's height limit will automatically flip the player right-side up.
- In the Old-gen console version, there is the option to turn off "World Flips Upside Down", making it so only the player flips.
- While flipping gravity on Old-gen console version and using the Hoverboard's horizontal speed boost while having Hermes Boots or any equal or upgraded version equipped will cause the boots speed boost to allow the user to run forever. If using the Hoverboard's fixed hover mode then the user will stay in place forever.
- Fishing is possible on reverse gravity; the fishing bobber will fall "upward" into the water. However, golf cannot be done on reverse gravity; the player will not even be able to swing the club.
- Players falling upwards will not be stopped by most platforms, and will instead fall through them. Hammering a platform three times will allow the player to "land" on it upside down, but this usually does not reset the flight time.
- It is helpful for finding Floating Islands by hovering up and down at the right altitude.
- Gravitation effectively surpasses the combination of Rocket Boots and wings as the air travel method with the most range, though it is more difficult to control as a flight method.
- It can be used during the Wall of Flesh fight to walk on the roof of the Underworld, avoiding the lava pools, abandoned houses, elevation changes, and Lava Slimes in Expert Mode.
- Walking effects, such as the snowy effect when wearing a full set of Frost armor, will not be flipped.
- The sound effect of the player flipping gravity has the same sound effect of the Shadow Orb (item), Vilethorn, as well as the teleports of a Fire Imp.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed (again) an issue where Celestial Pillar shields would fly into the sky when reversing gravity.
- Fixed an issue where pressing UP to flip Gravity would dismount the player from flying mounts. Now, it simply does not flip Gravity when in mounts.
- Fixed a reverse gravity issue where the Floating Piggy Bank’s mouseover detection would be in the wrong direction.
- Fixed a reverse gravity issue where Blizzard Staff-style weapons would converge in the opposite direction of where you aimed.
- Fixed a reverse gravity issue where the player would get stuck on hammered platforms.
- Fixed an issue where Forbidden Set’s ring didn’t flip properly in reverse gravity.
- Fixed a reverse gravity issue where some weapons wouldn’t flip with the player.
- Fixed a reverse gravity issue where cobwebs didn’t correctly slow inverted players.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and Dirt Rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed bug where long hairs would draw the front part in the player's feet when in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Fixed bug where sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place at reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where Featherfall Potion did not function equally on reverse gravity.
- Fixed issue where you cannot jump while in reverse gravity in water.
- Fixed bug where certain hats would be placed weirdly under reversed gravity.
- Fixed bug where Rune Robe particles appeared on player's head in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where chat bubbles displayed "wrong" in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where attempting to move NPCs with reverse gravity used the opposite screen height position.
- Fixed bug where zooming with sniper scope / binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Fixed precision with Hydra Staff in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 1.2: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced, with the subtext 'Press UP or DOWN to reverse gravity'
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated. ()
- Console 1.02: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with Gravitation effect flipping the world view, not the character's sprite.