The Green Cap is a vanity item. It has a 100% chance of being dropped by the Guide, but only when his name is Andrew. NPC names are chosen at random upon their spawn. On Old-gen console, the Guide will always drop the Green Cap, regardless of his name.Verify
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from NPCs/dropnote.Since town NPCs cannot be damaged by players normally, external damage sources must be used to obtain this item. Effective options include traps, lava, Boulders or Rolling Cacti, enemies, Explosive Bunnies, or the Halloween-exclusive Rotten Eggs (in tandem with Frost armor).
- In addition, equipping the Guide Voodoo Doll allows the player to damage the Guide with any weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The world seed
will always produce a world with a Guide named Andrew, no matter what map size, difficulty, or evil biome is set.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Andrew is a reference to the creator and lead developer of Terraria, Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- It has a similar appearance to the cap worn by Luigi, a character from the Mario franchise.
- It is one of the only two items dropped by NPCs with special names, the other being the Ivy, which is dropped by a Steampunker named Whitney.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, can be dropped by Fire Imps.Verify
- Mobile Unknown: No longer dropped by Fire Imps.Verify
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.