|Damage||60 (Ranged / Throwing )|
|Knockback||8 (Very strong)|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that will not destroy tiles|
Would you rather have a bullet hole or a grenade hole? That's what I thought.
Grenades are explosive consumable ranged / throwing weapons which can be purchased from the Demolitionist for 75 each, or found rarely in natural Chests. Once Hardmode is activated, they can be found in Pots (replacing Shurikens).
A thrown Grenade will bounce slightly and roll until it either hits a valid target or 3 seconds have elapsed, after which it will explode.
total: 3 row(s)
- Grenades do ranged damage, and thus the base damage of 60 is increased by any ranged damage modifier. Ranged armor set bonuses apply as well; e.g. the Frost Armor, which causes Grenades to inflict the Frostburn debuff.
- Grenades do throwing damage, so ranged armor set bonuses will not apply. Throwing armor set bonuses will, however.
- Grenades damage all enemies within a radius of approximately 5 tiles.
- Grenades are extremely useful early-game, dealing enormous damage for such an easy weapon to acquire.
- Because Grenades automatically explode when they hit an enemy, using them as short-ranged weapons is risky as they can easily cause self-inflicted damage.
- As Grenades do splash damage, they can be useful against a large number of different enemies:
- Using Grenades against a Caster AI enemy is especially inadvisable. A Grenade can easily explode upon hitting one of the enemy's projectiles, often much closer to the player than anticipated.
- The sprite is very similar to the American M67 grenade, a grenade produced since 1968.
- Despite the similarities in name, it cannot be used as ammo for the Grenade Launcher.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Weapon type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Can now be used to craft Beenade and Bouncy Grenade.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2: Price decreased from 4 to 75.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Price decreased from 5 to 4.
- Stack limit increased from 20 to 99.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.