The Grenade is an explosive that creates a small explosion, similar to a Bomb, but deals damage only to players and monsters without destroying any terrain tiles.
- Unlike other explosives, this will explode on impact with a monster or projectile.
- Caution should be taken to make sure that there is enough clear space to throw the Grenade without it detonating too early, to avoid inflicting harm on the thrower or allies.
- It will explode on a PVP enabled player character on contact if the thrower has PvP on as well.
- If one is killed by a grenade, none of one's coins will be dropped, to prevent griefers from stealing people's coins.
- This weapon is very effective against worm enemies and bosses, like the Eater of Worlds and the World Feeder.
- Prior to 1.2, Grenades were more expensive, making them more difficult to obtain and less versatile in combat.
- Became an ingredient in Bouncy Grenade.
- Became an ingredient in Sticky Grenade.
- Stack size increased from 20 to 99.
- Added to the game.