- Internal NPC ID: 1022
- Internal NPC ID: 1023
You must kill Corrupt Bunnies or Diseaster Bunnies during Easter, or disaster bunnies (not spawned by Lepus) when they will drop Suspicious Looking Eggs, which you must hold in your hand and use to summon Lepus. Try summoning him near your base or anywhere there is a small house made of strong materials. If you leave the area, Lepus will despawn.
Once you have spawned Lepus, he will be far from the player's current position and once you encounter him he will use jumping attacks and continually leap over the player, like the King Slime. He will occasionally lay small eggs which spawn Diseaster Bunnies or larger ones which spawn weaker Lepuses. Remember to destroy them if you are not confident as they may spawn more weaker Lepuses and overpower you.
- One strategy for beginning players who do not have access to lava is to use grenades, sold by the Demolitionist. First, make a platform above Lepus and wall him in. Then, throw the grenades down at him. This usually destroys his eggs when grenades are constantly thrown. Eventually, usually after 3 stacks of grenades, Lepus is defeated. To make sure that grenades are constantly thrown at Lepus, having another player pass you grenades as you throw them makes this strategy very easy.
- Lepus is vulnerable to lava. Make a house with a layer of thin lava so the drops don't burn. Be sure to put the thin layer of lava on top of the house and near the sides. You may want lava protection to collect the drops. Because you can summon multiple Lepuses, this is a good way to make money. See Guide:Making Money
- Build a wall out of any material and create an opening in it. After spawning the Lepus, attack it from the other side of the wall through the opening. Most weapons will do, such as swords, bows, and guns, but for his big hit box, it's easier to use a spear (early-game players may want to use the Trident for the best result.) If you want to weaken him first, use a thorn chakram in close range.
- In multiplayer, one player can attack the Lepus through the opening while another player focuses on destroying Lepus Eggs as they can hatch into Diseaster Bunnies or even additional, weaker versions of the Lepus.
- The Water Bolt is a good weapon of choice if you enclose Lepus In a small area and place a layer of platforms, just out of his reach. Since the Water Bolt’s attacks bounce off walls, you can place a thin layer of lava at the bottom and use water bolts to bounce of the walls of the enclosed area, and make Lepus unable to hatch eggs.
- If you want to get the battle done early, then you may want to buy dynamite instead of grenades. However, there is a downside to using dynamite, since it destroys more blocks. If you use dynamite, then you will want to be away from your town.
This content is transcluded from Guide:Practical tips § Combat.
- Boss battles can be won or lost before the battle ever starts. Choose your equipment and have it ready; find and/or make potions and placed buffs; use the highest-tier food you have available; set up an arena appropriate to the boss; learn the strategies for the boss you're facing.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and Campfires and Heart Lanterns for health regeneration.
- Always carry around a stack of the highest-tier healing potion available, as relying only on natural Health Regeneration is not a good idea. Depending on the game stage, this can include items such as Mushrooms or Honeyfins. As of 220.127.116.11, Restoration Potions are healing potions with a shorter cooldown.
- It is suggested to build houses for the Nurse NPC in your arena. The Nurse can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some money.
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Mechanic in the Dungeon, you can use Wire to enhance your arena with Traps and helpful Heart and Star Statues. The former helps to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to timers.
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of Hearts. Note that this will prevent any Heart Statues from spawning new Hearts.
Depending on where you're at in the game, many weapons can be used. Choose the ones available to you.
- At the very least, you should have a full set of Silver armor.
- Gold/Platinum armor is a strong choice.
- If you've defeated the Brain of Cthulhu, Melee players can use Crimson armor. The same goes for the Eater of Worlds and Shadow armor.
- Molten Armor's defense is high enough to reduce his damage to 1.
- If you want to maximize all damage, you can use Pumpkin armor.
- Meteor armor can be used by mages with the Space Gun.
- Jungle armor can be used by mages for extra damage and mana.
- If you have defeated Skeletron, the Necro armor can be used by ranged players.
- For Melee users
- The Starfury or the Enchanted Sword can deal damage at range. Use these to keep a good distance from Lepus.
- If obtained, the Night's Edge can do massive damage to Lepus.
- An Enchanted Boomerang or stronger can do good damage to Lepus.
- A Flail such as the Ball O' Hurt or The Meatball can take out the Diseaster Bunnies and Lepus Eggs with ease.
- For Ranged users
- A Gold or Platinum Bow or better will do great damage to Lepus. Jester's Arrows can pierce through Lepus and his minions, while Frostburn Arrows, can do good damage while inflicting the Frostburn debuff. Unholy Arrows are a cheaper alternative to Jester's arrows.
- The Minishark will do phenomenal damage, while having great range.
- The Snowball Cannon will do fair damage, while having cheap ammunition.
- For Magic users
- Gem staves deal decent damage, have low mana usage, and can pierce through some enemies.
- The Roman candle is a good weapon, but has a heavy mana cost.
- The Bee Gun's homing shots make it much easier to hit without having to aim.
- The Aqua Scepter and Water Bolt are one of the best weapons available.
- For Summoners
- The Slime Staff is the best weapon available.