As of 1.1, if the Guide is alive, and a Guide Voodoo Doll is dropped/thrown in lava, while the player is located in the Underworld, the Wall of Flesh will be summoned (if it wasn't present), and the Guide will be killed. Therefore, killing Voodoo Demons in the Underworld carries the risk of the Guide Voodoo Doll accidentally falling into lava, summoning the Wall of Flesh. The boss is not summoned if the guide is already dead.
It is 1 of 2 voodoo dolls in the game, the other being the Clothier Voodoo Doll. It's also the only boss-summoning item that works in this way.
- If the Guide is killed, he will respawn, provided the requirements for a NPC's house are still met and it's daytime (4:30 in-game).
- If the player hasn't killed the Wall of Flesh and has the Arms Dealer, the Arms Dealer will usually say the following when talked to: "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to <Guide's Name> somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it," referring to the doll and where to find it.
- The Nurse will also say "I need to have a serious talk with <Guide's name>, how many times in a week can you come in with severe lava burns?"
- In the mobile version, the doll doesn't need to be dropped in lava, just use it by tapping, and the Wall of Flesh will spawn at once. Dropping it into lava will still cause it to work properly.
- In the mobile version, the tooltip is "you are a terrible person" but "consume this item in the underworld to summon a monstrous boss" is also added, to hint that it works like the majority of boss-summoning items (when conditions are met).
- It the player is equipped with it, they can kill the Guide directly (other NPCs will also be able to attack him), however, unlike Clothier, this won't summon the boss.
- Since the Guide Voodoo Doll acts like a direct-usable consumable item in the mobile version, it can be used for an infinite amount of uses in with the infinite use glitch. This won't be beneficial however, as this item is pretty common in Underworld.
- The Guide Voodoo Doll is used to summon the Wall of Flesh.
- Added to the game.