Guide talk:Expert Mode
This page... what should we do?[edit source]
So, i decided to check out some other random guide page, and i checked this one. But, something really feels weird about it...
This page has nothing new to say to players, probably not even for first timers.
- Many tips that have been given in other pages are just brought here, creating unneccessary duplicate info;
- Expert info are already given in great detail in the mainspace page: simply porting them over here don't help to make this page any more useful.
- Expert tips are all over the wiki, meaning players might be already aware of what to do. If not, there are other pages that explain it. Heck, even the EoC guide explains that his charges are much more erratic, why duplicate that info here?
So, it makes me ask, why this page exists if the info they might try to find can be found elsewhere and not here?
Maybe there might be some way to either salvage this page or delete it. I'm just asking for what to do here.
There are things that we might do:
- Either completely remake the page, so that it contains info that only pertains expert mode (alongside with tips that only works in this mode). This has advantages of making this to be the ultimate Expert Mode guide, by containing all the info needed to tackle this mode's new hazards, at the cost of giving duplicated info that we already wrote elsewhere, outside of being time consuming;
- Mantain the current info, by removing these where necessary, and then add new and more useful ones. This is cheaper, but it will keep it's Walkthrough-esque format;
Delete this page althogether. This might make people to need to check either the main Expert Mode page for a list of differences, but at least it's one less page to maintain. And it doesn't duplicate info that people might know already from other pages.No longer considered.
So, what we should do? Should we proceed with one of these 3 options, or do you have another idea of how to rework the page?
I was at first planning to make it candidate for deletion, but i decided against so that i could ask for other people's opinion at this, while at the same time trying to find other solutions. -- Murrayzero (talk) 23:22, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
- This page could be handy (not necessarily in its current form) for players who may be considering Expert mode. It should show the player how to prepare and deal with the challenges that await them. General combat tips could have its own section, leaving the boss sections with specific Expert mode advice for that boss. – Ferretwings (talk) 14:25, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Now applies to Master Mode[edit source]
- Master mode is completely different to expert mode, so no title change. But a mention could do....i'm adding it in. 220.127.116.11 15:09, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- How is Master Mode completely different from Expert Mode? All it does is boost enemies and punish the player more, in addition to an extra accessory slot and new vanity drops. Quoting from the Master Mode page: "All Expert Mode changes also apply to Master Mode, including increased drop chances, modified AIs, etc. All Expert-exclusive content is available in Master Mode.". Therefore, all the content in this guide also applies to Master Mode. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 22:11, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
Reword my edit?[edit source]
I created an edit, and it needs a minor reword. It dosent fit in well with the rest of the article, and I dont really understand what to do with it. 18.104.22.168 14:28, 25 May 2021 (UTC)