Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage
- Internal Item ID: 3068
The Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage is an accessory that, when equipped, allows the player to collect Vine Rope when destroying vines. It can be found inside surface Chests or in Wooden Crates obtained from fishing.
- It works on regular and Jungle vine, but it does not work on Hallowed or Crimson vine (there are no Corruption vines).
- In single-player, this affects any vines that are destroyed by whatever means, including breaking the blocks they hang from. Minions can also break vines as they shoot at passing enemies, and these too will drop as vine rope.
- In Multiplayer, vines will only drop if the player closest to the vine has the Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage equipped, regardless of who destroyed them.
- The Vine Rope produced by this item is identical to ordinary Rope in every way but appearance (which is more visible), and vines are naturally occurring and abundant. Finding this item early can greatly decrease the difficulty of exploring deep caves before acquiring mobility aids like Grappling Hooks.
- It is especially useful in Large worlds, where a single hellevator can use well over a 999-stack of ropes just for the straight distance. With this item, a fresh stack of vine ropes can be gathered in a few minutes of bouncing around surface or Jungle caves.
- The symbol on the book appears to be a Vine Rope, the item this book allows the player to collect.
- The book seems to be closely related to the Guide To Critter Companionship, which has a similar name and sprite. However, unlike the Guide To Critter Companionship, this item is an accessory, and does not work if it is simply inside the player's inventory.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.