It will be required to kill one of the Mechanical Hardmode bosses three times to get the 54 Hallowed Bars to craft the entire set.
The full set gives a buff called Shadow Dodge upon striking an opponent. Whilst Shadow Dodge is active, when you would take damage from an enemy, you instead become invincible for 2 seconds. However, Shadow Dodge only avoids damage; Debuffs (e.g., Ichor or On Fire!) are still inflicted. It cannot activate within 20 seconds of the previous activation. While active, Shadow Dodge will create two mirror images of you on both sides of yourself. The Buff can also be dismissed manually.
Parts of the Set
- 15 defense
- 7% increased critical strike chance
- 11 defense
- 8% increased movement speed
- 7% increased damage
- 5 defense
- Increases maximum mana by 100
- 12% increased magic damage and critical strike chance
- 9 defense
- 15% increased ranged damage
- 8% increased ranged critical strike chance
- 24 defense
- 10% increased melee damage and critical strike chance
- 10% increased melee speed
- The Hallowed Helmet, combined with the Megashark, gives a 62.5% chance to not consume ammo with every shot.
- Although in other sets the helmet is melee and the mask is ranged, this is reversed in the Hallowed set.
- In the Console Version, there exist 3 new Armors (for Warriors, for Rangers, and for Mages), each of which is better than its Hallowed counterpart.
- This armor set can be used in vanity to get the glow effect of the Mythril Armor, which can be useful for cave exploring (tested in console version)
- The term 'Hallowed' is used to describe something blessed by a deity, and as such these items may be described as having 'godlike' power.
- This armor combines the visual effects given by the armor sets used prior to 1.2 to craft it: an after-image (Cobalt Armor), shine (Mythril Armor), and pulsing aura (Adamantite Armor).
- The helmet reads +10% melee haste. It may be a mistake, but it is hard to tell.
- Now has the titanium armor’s old set bonus called shadow dodge.
- Crafting recipe changed — no longer requires Souls or the three lower-tier sets, instead being crafted from the Hallowed Bars dropped from the mechanical bosses (Destroyer, The Twins, Skeletron Prime).
- Added to the game.