The Hallowed Desert biome forms when the Hallow spreads to a Desert. Hallowed Deserts can only spawn in Hardmode worlds, unless you use the Clentaminatorwith Blue Solution or Holy Water. It replaces sand with Pearlsand, and normal Cacti with teal "hallowed" cacti.
With a minimum of 10-25 Pearlsand, one can create an artificial Hallowed Desert.
Light Mummies and Dreamer Ghouls will spawn in the Hallowed Desert, and will sometimes drop a Light Shard upon death. Other hallowed monsters, such as Unicorns or Pixies, will spawn in the Hallowed Desert. A minimum of around 10-25 Pearlsand is enough to spawn Light Mummies and Dreamer Ghouls.
- Holy Water or a Clentaminator with Blue Solution can be used to make Hallowed Deserts in pre-hardmode worlds, although this requires that the player has already unlocked hardmode in another world.
- The Corrupt Desert can be considered the complete opposite of the Hallowed Desert.
- Spectral Mummies are console exclusive mobs that can spawn here.
- Hallowed Seeds cannot be placed on sand, only dirt blocks.
- Teal Hallowed Cacti will act and drop as normal cacti.
- Added Teal Hallowed Cacti.
- Added to the game.