The Hallowed Desert biome forms when the Hallow spreads to a Desert. Hallowed Deserts can only spawn in Hardmode worlds, unless you use the Clentaminatorwith Blue Solution or Holy Water. It replaces sand with Pearlsand, and normal Cacti with teal "hallowed" cacti.
The Hallowed Desert have the unique enemies that exclusively inhabits the biome. Since The Hallow is a Hardmode biome, all monsters in the list will only spawn once the Wall of Flesh is defeated in the world.
- Light Mummy
- Crystal Thresher (Sandstorm)
- Dreamer Ghoul (Underground)
- Lamia (Blonde Variant; Underground)
- Holy Water or a Clentaminator with Blue Solution can be used to make Hallowed Deserts in pre-hardmode worlds, although this requires that the player has already unlocked hardmode in another world.
- The Corrupt Desert can be considered the complete opposite of the Hallowed Desert.
- Spectral Mummies are console exclusive mobs that can spawn here.
- Hallowed Seeds cannot be placed on sand, only dirt blocks.
- Teal Hallowed Cacti will act and drop as normal cacti.
- Added Teal Hallowed Cacti.
- Added to the game.