|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Build momentum to increase attack power|
- Hallowed Jousting Lance
The Hallowed Jousting Lance is a Hardmode melee weapon and is an upgraded version of the Jousting Lance. When attacking, the lance will extend, and holding ⚒ Use / Attack will keep it extended at a fixed angle. The damage done increases depending on the player's velocity making a mount, sprinting accessories, or dash abilities (such as those granted by Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi/Master Ninja Gear, or Solar Flare armor) useful for maximizing damage.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- Holding a lance in the opposite of the direction of travel will cause mounts to moonwalk at full speed. For example, a unicorn mount can gallop backwards.
- Holding a lance in a minecart can result in the player visually holding it behind themself if the railway reversed the direction of travel.
- Taking damage uncouches the lance and requires ⚒ Use / Attack to be used again to re-extend it, so to prevent touching enemies when charging, it is advisable to line up the lance so that enemies are hit by the tip and are knocked back (if not killed) from a distance and unable to hurt the player.
- Conversely, holding the lance straight up or down gives it a much taller hitbox, which can make hitting flying or less predictable enemies easier when charging.
- Holding the lance straight down when falling down a hellevator will prevent cobwebs, such as those created in a spider cave, from slowing the player's descent.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Jousting Lances can no longer receive melee speed prefixes. They already could not benefit from Melee speed, but this fixes some bugs caused by Melee speed modifiers that impacted them.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.