The Hardened Sand Block is a type of block, along with Sandstone Blocks, that make up the Underground Desert biome. It looks similar to Sand Blocks, with an altered texture and slightly different color. Unlike sand, it is not affected by gravity. Like all sand-based blocks, it has Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts: Hardened Ebonsand, Hardened Crimsand, and Hardened Pearlsand respectively.
total: 4 row(s)
total: 13 row(s)
- In Hardmode, Hardened Sand Block is a "corruptible" block, and can be converted to its corrupted version of Hardened Ebonsand, Hardened Crimsand, and Hardened Pearlsand, and spread the corrupted biome to nearby corruptible blocks.
- A player equipped with Dunerider Boots will be able to run faster while standing on any type of Hardened Sand Block.
- On the Console version, even though Hardened Sand can be crafted into glass, its biome-specific counterparts cannot.
- Until 22.214.171.124, Hardened Sand Blocks did not have a tooltip containing the Material tag and therefore could not be slotted in the Guide's menu to show in which crafting recipes it could be used.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.