|AI Type||Unicorn AI|
|Banner||Headless Horseman Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 315
The Headless Horseman is an exceptionally dangerous enemy due to its fast speed, high damage, and immunity to knockback. The Horseman's only attack is to charge forward and do a low, but quick jump to reach the player.
Killing a Headless Horseman during the Pumpkin Moon event will add 25 points.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Classic mode, the Jack 'O Lantern Mask's drop chance increases linearly with the wave the Headless Horseman is defeated in (lowest drop chance in wave 9, highest drop chance in wave 15). In Expert or Master Mode, the drop rate is always 5%.
- Despite having the name referring to the Headless Horseman, The Horseman's Blade is not a drop from the Horseman, but the Pumpking.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its size, it cannot fit through 4 tile gaps or lower and can be taken out easily with ranged attacks.
- Due to its immunity to knockback, it is ill-advised to attack it with close-range weapons since it can easily overwhelm the player. Hitting it with rapid fire weapons can still slow it down, however.
- Similar to most of the Pumpkin Moon enemies, making an arena where you have plenty of space to fly around in can make it easier to take down. It is also possible to place some Wood Platforms high above the ground to fire down on it without fear of it reaching you, but a sufficiently long platform may allow more to spawn on it instead.
- Its immunity to knockback can be used against it with weapons that do continuous damage, such as the Inferno Fork.
- As it uses the same AI as the Unicorn enemy, it can be useful to practice avoiding the attacks of multiple Unicorns beforehand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Headless Horseman originates from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", a short story written in 1820 by American author Washington Irving, in which the Headless Horseman was prominently featured.
- The Bestiary entry for the Headless Horseman: "This menacing nightmare rides out into the night to harvest living souls on his seeing-eye horse, for he has no head of his own."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]