The Hellforge is a crafting station that incorporates the same functions as a regular Furnace, additionally being able to smelt Hellstone into Hellstone Bars. It is also used to craft the essential Adamantite/Titanium Forge in Hardmode.
Hellforges cannot be crafted, and are found in Ruined Houses in the Underworld. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, Hellforges can only be collected with a Deathbringer or Nightmare Pickaxe or better (60% pickaxe power). Once placed at higher depths, they can be removed with any pickaxe.
total: 2 row(s)
Used to craft
The Hellforge also functions as a Furnace.
total: 8 row(s)
- On the Console version and Old-gen console version, Hellforges can spawn just above the Underworld.
- The sprite appears to have a small flow of lava on the right side.
- With a bit of luck, a Teleportation Potion may take the player to the Underworld, making the Hellforge easily obtainable early-game.
- It appears to be made of Hellstone Bricks.
- Even though the Hellforge looks like a Furnace and acts like one, it cannot be crafted from it.
- Although it is a late pre-Hardmode version of the Furnace, it is not required to smelt Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, and Orichalcum into bars.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can no longer be broken with any pickaxe/drill with less than 60% Pickaxe power in the Underworld.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can no longer be used to drain water.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Sprite updated. Previous sprite was
- Now requires a pickaxe instead of a hammer to be moved.
- Now used to craft the Titanium Forge.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.