|AI Type||Attacker AI|
80120180 (Blood Shot) 
|Banner||Hemogoblin Shark Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Chum Bucket (7-10)50%
- Internal NPC ID: 620
The Hemogoblin Shark is a Hardmode enemy that can be spawned by fishing during a Blood Moon event. When the bobber dips and the player attempts to reel in a fish, a Hemogoblin Shark, among other enemies, has a chance to spawn within a few blocks of the bobber in place of a fish. The Hemogoblin Shark can move extraordinarily fast on land, swim quickly in water, jump very high, and can fire a barrage of Blood Shot projectiles.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades.
- The Hemogoblin Shark is immune to lava and is unimpeded by liquids. It is not, however, immune to the On Fire! debuff from non-lava sources.
- It can run at just enough speed to outrun even players with Terraspark Boots on ground.
- The Sonar Potion will detect if a Blood Moon enemy is about to be hooked (it will display enemies in red text).
- Using the Chum Caster will greatly increase the chances of hooking Blood Moon enemies.
- The Hemogoblin Shark will not fire Blood Shots while submerged in liquids.
- Building a platform high above the player's fishing spot allows them to dodge the Hemogoblin Shark's lunging attacks, though it can still hit the player with its Blood Shot attack.
- Keeping the Hemogoblin Shark underwater will prevent it from firing Blood Shots.
- The Flying Knife is an effective weapon if the Hemogoblin Shark gets stuck in a crevice.
- The Hemogoblin Shark cannot enter doors, being 4 tiles tall. However it will still keep trying to enter, getting stuck at the doorway, allowing for an easy kill.
- Trapping either the Hemogoblin Shark or player themselves inside a house or otherwise enclosed area and using weapons that can attack through walls (e.g., the Crystal Vile Shard) allows for a flawless, albeit slow kill.
- Opening a small hole, or using a platform Hoik in an enclosed space can allow the player to use normal weapons and projectiles to easily kill the Hemogoblin Shark.
- The name Hemogoblin Shark is a portmanteau of hemoglobin, an oxygen-carrying protein found in vertebrates which is responsible for giving blood its red color, and goblin shark, a rare and ancient species of shark native to the deep waters of the Eastern Atlantic, from which this enemy likely takes its appearance.
- Hemogoblin is also an anagram of hemoglobin.
- It is the only non-Old One's Army event enemy to follow the Attacker AI.
- Unlike other enemies with this AI, it will not prioritize the Eternia Crystal over the player if both are present.
- The Bestiary entry for the Hemogoblin Shark: "Half-shark, half-goblin, completely murderous! One of the numerous reasons to just stay home during a Blood Moon."
- This references the Minishark's tooltip, 'Half shark, half gun, completely awesome.'
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.