|AI Type||Herpling AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 174
Herplings are enemies that spawn in the Crimson during Hardmode. They attack the player by quickly jumping across the ground. While they cannot jump very high, they can cover horizontal distance very quickly, making them a potent threat.
- Herplings can be difficult enemies due to their speed and knockback resistance. In order to counter this, the player should try to stay above them, using either wings or a higher ground that Herplings cannot reach from at least one side.
- The Herpling is often considered to be a counterpart to the Derpling, as both have names based on the phrase "herp derp" and have the same AI.
- The Herpling does not have a Corruption counterpart.
- The Bestiary entry for the Herpling: "These hyper, demented, slug-like fiends serve the crimson horde with an unstoppable appetite for blood and flesh."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.19: Sprite Updated.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Sprite updated.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.