- Internal Item ID: 2373
The High Test Fishing Line is an accessory with a
2.5*1/40 (2.5%) chance of being awarded by the Angler for completing a quest. While equipped, it prevents fishing line from breaking while fishing. Without the High Test Fishing Line equipped, there is a 1 in 7 chance that the line will break on any reel-in that was supposed to yield a catch.
On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, the Angler will not give the player a High Test Fishing Line as a reward if they already have one in their inventory or in any of their Portable Storages. However, if the player has a High Test Fishing Line, Angler Earring, and Tackle Box (or they have the accessory crafted from them, the Angler Tackle Bag) in their inventories, he will be able to give the player duplicate High Test Fishing Lines.
total: 1 row(s)
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: The Angler will no longer give you duplicate informational accessories, unless you already have all of them.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: A bug which caused the line to still snap when having the High Test Fishing Line equipped has been fixed.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, function
. Note that the actual drop rate is actually slightly less than 1 in 40, because numerous other rewards are rolled before this item is. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.