High Velocity Bullet
- High Velocity Bullet
High Velocity Bullets are a type of ammunition obtainable after at least one mechanical boss has been defeated. They are the fastest traveling bullets in the game, traveling at the same speed as bullets fired from the Sniper Rifle. They are one of 6 types of craftable bullets made from Empty Bullets, which are sold by the Arms Dealer after Hardmode has been enabled.
On the Desktop version, they will pierce up to two enemies, coming to a stop when hitting the third. However, the second target will only take 85% of the base damage, and the third target will only take 85% of that (i.e. 72.25% of base).
The cost of a stack of 50 High Velocity Bullets is 950, which is 19 per bullet. The cost of crafting 1000 High Velocity Bullets (20 stacks of 50) is 190.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Velocity is the speed at which a projectile travels through space once fired from a weapon. Higher velocity makes hitting distant, fast moving targets easier for the player, as less movement tracking is required.
- High Velocity Bullets update their position 8 times a second instead of one, which means their effective velocity is .
- When fired, the bullets glow bright yellow.
- The Uzi, Venus Magnum, and Sniper Rifle effectively turn Musket Balls into High Velocity Bullets by improving their velocity. This does not affect their other stats, however it does allow them to pierce on the Desktop version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- High Velocity Bullets can be devastating in PvP situations, especially against players wearing high-tier wings, accessories, and armor that increase player speed, as properly timing and aiming shots is less important.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If fired at close range, the bullets may seem invisible due to their very large sprite.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed an issue where High Velocity Bullets could sometimes hit particularly large targets twice (does not apply to multi-segment enemies, this should still allow multiple hits).
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 10 to 11.
- Can now pierce twice, hitting up to 3 enemies.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.