|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Hoppin' Jack Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 304
The Hoppin' Jack is a Hardmode pumpkin-like enemy that will only appear at night during the Halloween seasonal event, or in Graveyards any time of year. It attacks by hopping towards the player in a manner identical to most Slimes. The difference, however, is that the lower on health it is, the quicker it becomes.
Notably, despite using the Slime AI, it is not treated as a slime for most other purposes. Hoppin' Jack drops no Gel on death, will remain hostile to a player with Royal Gel equipped, and killing one is not necessary to earn the Gelatin World Tour () or Slimer/King of Slimes () achievements.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Hoppin' Jack is a reference to Spring-heeled Jack, a creature from British folklore.
- The Bestiary entry for the Hoppin' Jack: "This particular pumpkin seeks revenge for being carved. His hearty leaps become quicker the more he is carved into."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now spawn year-round in graveyards.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed the name for the Hoppin' Jack enemy.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.