|Tooltip||Allows flight and slow fall|
Press DOWN to toggle hover
Press UP to deactivate hover
- Internal Item ID: 1866
The Hoverboard is a wing-type accessory that allows the player to fly and glide, as all wings do. It also offers the added ability to "hover" by holding ↷ Jump and ▼ Down. Hovering offers a horizontal speed boost, and otherwise operates similarly to the Flying Carpet, allowing horizontal movement while remaining at a fixed height in the air. Hovering consumes flight time, just like flying would.
total: 1 row(s)
- The equipping mechanics of the Hoverboard follow the same rules as all wings, meaning it does not stack with other wings, and wearing another wing type in a slot above the Hoverboard will use the upper wings' statistics and abilities instead. Equipping any wing in a vanity slot will cancel the Hoverboard graphic.
- The Hoverboard has a flight range of 172 feet (86 tiles), the same as Festive Wings.
- Unlike a lot of accessories, the Hoverboard will dye brilliant colors (as will Shroomite armor) – a dye paired with Silver Dye (though not a Bright Dye) will invert the colors of the Hoverboard. A dye paired with Black Dye will cause the original sprite's silver trimming to be black. The flames will change colors, too.
- Although the Hoverboard is not on the back of player, it will still hide capes if visible.
- Hover speed is faster than Boulders or even Demon Scythes.
- When hovering while swinging a sword that stops the player from changing directions, such as the Excalibur and The Axe, the Hoverboard will not change directions either.
- When the flight time of the Hoverboard runs out and the player starts gliding, as long as they keep hold of the flight button they will bounce on top of water and/or pink slime blocks.
- Tooltip indicating that hover toggled on by pressing ▼ Down and toggled off by pressing ▲ Upis correct if you set Hover Control in General settings to Click, otherwise player should hold ▼ Downand ↷ Jump simultaneously.
- While hovering, a full set of Shroomite armor will still turn invisible as long as the player does not move while in that state. This effectively allows the player to create a temporary safe place to turn invisible for a few seconds.
- On the Nintendo version, it is possible to hover forever. This is achieved by jumping with a Blue Horseshoe Balloon or the Bundle of Balloons equipped and not activating another jump, but instead holding ▼ Down to hover right before the peak of the jump. It is possible to hover/forward push forever (after activating the forever hover, push slightly forward), but it is not possible to rise forever. Just hold down any time after jumping just the one time but before the peak for the jump. If the player hovers too late, they will hover and sink as if gliding.
- The concept of the Hoverboard was first widely popularized with the American science fiction–adventure comedy film series Back to the Future, especially Back to the Future Part II.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed the exploit where one could have infinite Hoverboard hovering time. This was done by hovering between two double-jumps provided by other accessories (such as the Bundle of Balloons).
- Desktop 1.2.3: Made Hoverboard not appear on a mount. Fixed Hoverboard bug where one could walk on air while in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.