The Ice Blade is a sword found in Ice Chests. It shoots a non-piercing bolt of ice when swung that deals a low amount of damage. The bolt of ice also generates about as much light as an Ice Torch.
- It is possible to hit monsters twice with this weapon in a single swing: once with the actual strike, and once with the projectile.
- Although the Ice Blade does not require mana, the "regenerated mana" particles and sound will play to indicate when it is ready to fire a projectile again.
- The Ice Blade's projectile counts as melee damage and are affected by melee enhancing accessories.
- The Hardmode upgrade to the Ice Blade is called the Frostbrand.
- After swinging the blade and firing a projectile, you are unable to change weapons until the blade is ready to fire again.
- Added to the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.