Ice ElementalHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Hovering AI|
90180270 (Frost Blast)
|Banner||Ice Elemental Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Chance||33.3% (Frost Blast)|
Ice Elementals are Hardmode enemies that hover towards the player and shoot Frost Blasts which, on Desktop, have a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff. They can appear in the Ice biome at all times, and in the Snow biome at night.
- They can only hover about eight blocks off the ground.
- Both the Ice Elementals and their projectiles emit a high amount of light.
- Frost Blasts cannot be destroyed by hitting them, unlike many other orb projectiles.
- Frost Blasts cannot travel through walls.
- Although Ice Elementals have a high range, their projectiles travel slowly enough to dodge them.
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- Unlike most ice-themed enemies, the Ice Elemental can neither inflict the Chilled nor the Frozen debuffs. They instead inflict the Frostburn debuff.
- Ice Elemental is the only enemy in the game to inflict Frostburn.
- The Bestiary entry for the Ice Elemental: "Water elementals become icy when dense strong magicks accumulate in the coldest places. Their frosty shards freeze all."
- Desktop 1.4.1: Projectile attack can now inflict Frostburn.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated. The old sprite was .
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.