Ice GolemHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Ice Golem Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Chance||100% (Frost Beam)|
|Duration||45 seconds1 minute 30 seconds1 minute 52 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Chance||20% (Frost Beam)|
|Duration||1 second2 seconds2.5 seconds|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
This article is about the rare, resilient enemy found in the Snow biome. For the post-Plantera boss, see Golem. For the enemy found in Granite Caves, see Granite Golem.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades.
- The cooldown between fired Frost Beams is random, lasting between 1 second and 15.48 seconds. These limits are affected by the Ice Golem's health – as it takes damage, the average cooldown decreases linearly. For instance, at 50% health (2,000 / 4,000 / 6,000), the cooldown lasts between 0.75 seconds and 7.99 seconds. When the Ice Golem takes damage, there is a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance that the cooldown will be increased by a random duration of up to half a second.
- If the Ice Golem does not have a direct line of sight to the player or if the player is affected by the Frozen debuff, the Frost Beam will not be fired and will go on cooldown.
- Even though Ice Golems can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer, it is more effective to fly around while trying to hunt them down and just watch for the Frost Beams.
- Once an Ice Golem is trapped, a yoyo is useful for taking it down. The Hel-Fire is particularly preferable, since it inflicts the On Fire! debuff.
- The Ice Golem can easily despawn if it goes off-screen, so it is best not to go too far from it.
- Similar to the Sand Elemental, Mothron and the Dreadnautilus, the Ice Golem is not a boss or mini-boss even though it has stats comparable to a boss. This is evidenced by its lack of a health bar and the fact that it drops a banner, not a trophy and the fact that it does not drop a Relic in Master Mode.
- In Jewish folklore, a golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/, GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם) is an animated anthropomorphic being that is created entirely from inanimate matter (usually clay or mud). The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.
- The Bestiary entry for the Ice Golem: "Sub-zero temperatures, blinding snow flurries, and being blasted apart by an icy construct are some of the dangers of blizzards."
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer drops items from the Frost armor set. Instead now drops the Frost Core which is used to craft the set.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.