|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Illuminant Slime Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 138
Illuminant Slimes are Hardmode enemies that spawn in the Underground Hallow biome. They replace normal cave Slimes (Black and Mother Slimes) in most cases. These slimes deal a large amount of damage and have more health than their Cavern counterparts. As suggested in their names, these slimes give off a small amount of light. Illuminant Slimes also leave an after-image like the Chaos Elemental and Illuminant Bat, which appears as a long, pink trail.
Like most other slimes, the Illuminant Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
- An easy way for early Hardmode players to defeat these is to lure them into lava, e.g. by grappling to a block above a pool of lava.
- The Bestiary entry for the Illuminant Slime: "Slimes exposed to the light of the Hallow's crystals begin to emit that very same light, glowing brightly in the darkness."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Now has a chance to drop the Blessed Apple.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.