The Inner Tube is an accessory that causes the player to float on the surface of liquids instead of sinking to the bottom. The effect can be temporarily negated by holding ▼ Down. It can be found in Water Chests, as well as Ocean Crates and Seaside Crates.
- The Inner Tube is more useful than the Flipper and Water Walking Boots at the beginning of the game, since it provides a function similar to having both accessories equipped. However, unlike those accessories, the Inner Tube has no upgrades, so it will be outclassed once the player has purchased the Tinkerer's Workshop.
- As long as the player is underwater, this accessory will accelerate the player upward with no speed cap. This can be exploited by using a deep water column to reach incredibly high speeds.
- Combined with a Featherfall Potion, sinking to the bottom of the Ocean and floating up will cause the character to shoot up high into the sky, possibly even reaching Floating Island height.
- The term inner tube refers to the inflatable ring that forms the interior of some pneumatic tires. It is also sometimes used as a synonym of swim ring, an inflatable water toy derived from the original inner tube. The Terraria item closely resembles a swim ring.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.