|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 2273
The Katana is a melee weapon that is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 10 / 4 / 250 . Considering it can be acquired very early into the game, the Katana can be quite useful as it has very good stats for an early game sword. The Katana has a base 19% critical strike chance, as opposed to the usual 4%, and has autoswing, which makes it extremely useful.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Due to the large size of the Katana, and the fact that it autoswings, it is great for clearing out hordes of flying enemies by knocking them back before they strike.
- Katanas are a type of Japanese sword, renowned for their superb craftsmanship, which was developed as a result of the poor quality of the iron that medieval Japanese swordsmiths had access to and therefore still achieving "good" sharpness.
- The word "katana" is usually written as kanji "刀", but Spike Chunsoft uses its katakana name "カタナ" for this item in the Japanese release. This is likely due to that in Japanese, "刀" simply means sword or bladed edges, such as daggers or even chisels, not just the historically well-known Japanese swords.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Price increased from 4 to 10.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Price increased from 250 to 4.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.