Key of Light
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Charged with the essence of many souls'|
- Internal Item ID: 3092
The Key of Light is a craftable item which spawns a Hallowed Mimic when placed in any slot of any empty Chest. The world must be in Hardmode and the only item inside the Chest must be a single Key of Light.
The Hallowed Mimic is spawned as soon as the Chest is closed, consuming both the Key of Light and the Chest.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If utilizing Autopause, the Hallowed Mimic will not spawn until the game is unfrozen again. On Console, the Hallowed Mimic will not spawn unless Autopause is disabled.
- Placing a Key of Light in a storage item other than a Chest (such as a Barrel) will not spawn the Mimic.
- The Hallowed Mimic does not have to be spawned in The Hallow; it can be summoned anywhere.
- Placing a Key of Light in a Chest without closing it and directly opening another inventory interface (which is only possible if Autopause is disabled), such as that of another Chest, will not spawn the Mimic.
- If a Key of Light is acquired in Pre-Hardmode, placing it in a chest will not spawn a mimic until Hardmode begins.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Placing a key inside a chest while Autopause is on will still spawn a Hallowed Mimic.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.