|Damage||85 / 70 / 55 (Melee)|
|Critical chance||17% / 4%|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Deals more damage to injured foes|
- Internal Item ID: 671
The Keybrand is a Hardmode, post-Plantera sword. It has a
0.5*1/200 (0.5%) / 0.75*1/133 (0.75%) chance of being dropped by Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
The Keybrand deals increased damage against previously injured enemies. When hitting enemies that have less than 10% health remaining, it deals a maximum of 150% extra damage (250% damage in total). Additionally, striking any enemy with the Keybrand will cause a sparkling visual effect.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The Keybrand has a base critical strike chance of 17% on the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, as opposed to the 4% of the Old-gen console version and version.
- The following formula is used when determining the amount of damage that will be dealt:
- If the hit enemy has more than 10% HP:
- (This means, for every 1% of the enemy's health missing, the damage will be increased by .)
- If the hit enemy has less than 10% HP:
- The Keybrand's ability to do more damage against previously injured targets makes it an exceptionally good choice against slow-moving, high-health targets such as Nailhead or the Ogre.
- The Keybrand is based on the Keyblade, a weapon used in the action role-playing game series Kingdom Hearts. It bears an especially strong resemblance to the Keyblade named the Kingdom Key, which Sora wields.
- The Keybrand's visual effects when striking enemies are likely a reference to similar bright effects that appear when striking enemies with the Keyblade throughout the Kingdom Hearts series.
- Despite being a key, it does not unlock anything.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 70 to 85.
- Now deals up to 150% more damage based on how injured an enemy is.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Can now autoswing.
- Damage increased from 55 to 70.
- Knockback increased from 6 to 6.5.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 17%.
- Use time decreased from 22 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.