The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This item is found only in the console version(s) of Terraria.|
Since the 1.2 update there have been a lot of bugs and glitches so please write them down so people know and be careful.
- Xbox One: When fishing with auto pause on, after approximately a second has passed, opening the inventory and dropping an item will cause more functioning lures to be released like the original. This can be done multiple times in succession to catch a large amount of fish at once though it is hard to tell when all the lures have caught an item since the sound will be played by each. (may be patched)
- Xbox One: Commonly when changing dyes for pets, light pets, and grappling hooks it will cause the sprites for all pets, light pets, grappling hooks, summons, projectiles (including those from traps) and, spells to become invisible while still being able to damage the player and enemies. This bug can also happen when dying with many sprites visible. This can be fixed by completely exiting out of the game. (Bug has been fixed)
- Xbox One: Dropping an item (with auto pause on) will cause your held item to be used. If the held item is a health potion it will use it normally without causing the potion sickness debuff allowing for quick life restoration when in combat.
- Xbox One: The map will reset when going into a world. The cause is unknown (to me) and seems to be able to be fixed by visiting another world. One returning to the first world the map will be how it was after the bug meaning will not be how it was before it occurred but how it was when you last left until the next occurrence.
- At one point you might come across a bug that deletes your character each time you turn off Terraria
- Lesser Restoration Potions and Restoration Potions that are found in Shadow Chests will sometimes be stacked over their maximum of 20.
- Playing on a world for 30 minutes then playing on another world will cause the game to crash.
- If you place any placeable items like Statues, Furniture, Ores or any crafting stations. Then you may be able to duplicate by opening your inventory fast enough to take the current item you placed. (Also works with Potions, Mana Crystal, Life Crystal, bosses and Life Fruit)
- If you use a Fairy Bell or a Shadow Orb while having the Wisp and any pet active, the Fairy/Shadow Orb will spawn, but the Wisp will not despawn despite the buff also being removed. Spawning a Fairy with a Shadow Orb at this time will despawn the Shadow Orb but not the Wisp and vice-versa. Using the Wisp in a Bottle to respawn the Wisp or removing the pet buff will despawn the Fairy/Shadow Orb.(Fixed)
- Removing the wall behind a placed trophy will leave it suspended in mid-air.
- Using the Clentaminator all the way to the left of the world will cause the game to crash.(Fixed on 360, PS3 unknown)
- (1.2) The flare gun is missing its sprite meaning that while having it equipped you only see a flame. (Fixed)
- (1.2) If you die to a new projectile from 1.2 you get a random death message.(For example if golem's eye laser kills you, it says "(Name) was killed by Shuriken"
- (before 1.2 and possibly after) Activating a sign may cause the game to freeze.
- (1.2) After Hardmode is active in a world with Crimson, the Corruption will spread anyway.
- (1.2) The Dryad NPC doesn't acknowledge the status of Crimson
- Worlds may be completely filled with dirt after saving.
- (1.2) Old worlds may be unable to load upon downloading or (On PS Vita) will crash the game upon loading.
- (1.2) When attempting to craft Glass with sand at a Furnace it will move your cursor down to the glass recipe made with Glass Wall at a Work Bench of any type.
- (1.2) Parts of a old world may be moved down meaning that part of the Underworld may be at the top of the world (confirmed on PS3)
- (1.2) Sometimes no gold or ice chests will spawn in the world, but there seems to be a lot more shadow chests(confirmed on PS3 with 3 different maps, confirmed on Xbox 360 with 5 different maps)
- Using the Ice Rod to place an Ice block on a chest with an Item inside will duplicate the chest, losing the Item in the process. (Can be repeated by using the Ice Rod on the block of Ice repeatedly)
- Deleting multiple worlds at one time may crash the game, and when restarted, some of the worlds you deleted could still be there.
- When possessing enough materials to craft an item, the item may not show. This bug can be circumvented by talking to the Guide, or clicking the "Show Available" option in the crafting menu.
- When creating a hole to drain a large body of water, it will flow down the hole yet the water level will remain the same.
- "Automatic Mode" has a higher range than "Manual Mode", reaching seven blocks while the latter reaches five.
- Striking a Chest or a Barrel while an object is contained within it will cause said item to duplicate.
- Speed changing prefixes are inverted, saying "+ Speed" with a decreasing prefix and "- Speed" with an increasing prefix.
- Using a Magic Mirror in a Meteorite biome causes Meteor Heads to follow you back to spawn.
- During world generation, halves of Heart Crystals will be cut off.
- Holy Water and Unholy Water have no visible damage and a negative 5 percent critical strike chance.
- Clay Pots can only be placed on top of Wood Platforms.
- After asking the Guide crafting guidance, your helmet may appear to be invisible.
- Accessories can be worn in Social Slots.
- Quick stacking 100 will yield one Fallen Star.
- Blocks can be placed on the edge of the player's hitbox.
- Interacting with a door simultaneously with an NPC will crash the game.
- Thrown items can pass through one block walls.
- NPCs cannot be relocated, and/or loose the (suitable) stat on the room the NPC is in.
- Destryoing a "Boss 4" Music Box will drop Wood Greaves.(Fixed)
- Destroying a "Desert" Music Box will drop a Campfire.(Fixed)
- Destroying a "Tutorial" Music Box will drop a Demonite Brick.(Fixed)
- Destroying a "Space" Music Box will drop a Wood Helmet.(Fixed)
- Destroying an "Ocean" Music Box will drop a Cactus Sword.(Fixed)
- Connecting 139 or more wires to a valid object in a single direction from it and activating it will cause a game crash, or the wired object will not respond when activated.
- Occasionally, Gold Chests will spawn with the same treasure item.
- Using the Vilethorn will display only its tip.
- Stacking an item over 255 will result in item loss when re-loading the game. This is a truncation issue.
- Using the Aqua Scepter in multiplayer instance may crash the game upon use.
- Forcing 6 characters into a 4 by 4 room by via King Statue will cause a game to crash.
- In the inventory selecting an item will cause the player to drop item selected. (PS Vita)
- Suspicious Looking Skull can be used regardless of time. Ocram will despawn if it's still daytime, however. (PS Vita)
- Exiting the game while it is saving will cause it to crash at the page that says about autosaving before you can press B making it impossible to play.
- Using a Yellow Horseshoe Balloon will make the particle effects of a Blizzard in a Balloon
- (PS3) Having a Yellow Horseshoe Balloon equipped may cause the Bee Mount to stay infinitely 'exhausted' after flying. (Unequipping for 3 second will allow the bee to rest like normal)
- When trying to break a bed with a gravestone of any other grave-marker in front of it, the player will lose the bed and get a block of dirt. (PS Vita)
- When using the Pygmy Staff, cancelling the buff will not despawn any pygmys.
- The Shadowbeam Staff Fires slower than in the PC version, making it nearly useless
- The hosts main world will sometimes delete its NPCs and player won't open chests meaning you can't access loot
- If you don't have a Temple Key there is a bug to open the Lizhard Temple. Use wood platforms and place 3 at the temple door (these must must be stairs or it will not work). The player must be standing down on the platforms and press down to move to the right or left. If you move to the left, the temple door must move to the left and if you move right, the temple door must move to the right. This will open the door and let you in the temple without the Temple Key.
- (1.2) Xbox 360- Placing a Stone Block under your player whilst flying using the spectre boots will produce a worm instead of the stone block.
- Wii U Playing for three hours cuses the wii u to crash
- Wii U Enemes can glich in to houses even not in a blood moon
- XBOX ONE\360\Wii U Ultra blood moon glitch
- XBOX ONE\360\Wii U Ultra blood moon crashes console
- If you defeat a mechanical boss in pre-hardmode, the game will never register said boss as defeated.
- If you use a jetpack upwards while holding up to go faster, you can sometimes glitch through a row of blocks that is 1 block thick.
- The Ruler does not function.
- Thorns grow to one tile in size, standing near said Thorns will damage the player.
- Occasionally, Goblin Armies and Blood Moons will continue to occur indefinitely.
- Occasionally, Hellforges cannot be found.
- (1.2) Using the Piggy Bank in a specific way will allow the player to obtain any item in the game if they have the right amount of items to place in the Piggy Bank. The item you get varies on it's ID. For an example, if you put 3 dirt into a Piggy Bank, you would get stone, 215 dirt, you would get a Whoopie Cushion, etc. This works with over 999 ID items but you need pumpkin seeds(or other high ID items) put into a Piggy Bank, then save and quit and you have 1826 stack of Iron Pickaxes. This bug however can corrupt your saves. Sometimes items in your inventory will be removed, but only small portions of them. This is a sign of a save that is soon to be corrupted. If you carry over duplicated items through a safe or piggy bank to new worlds then you will still be OK.
- The world map on a multiplayer world will not save and can cause corruption of saves for only the player(s) who joined the game. Not the host.
- (before and after 1.2)Most of the time, while trying to connect to a friends game, it will continuously give you errors. Also, many times, when accepting an invite, you will loose the invite and will be at the homepage(Nothing happens)
- Occasionally, when fighting a boss only some players will be able to see said boss.
- Playing in a friend's world and re-joining will cause the Map to reset.
- Occasionally, a guest player cannot go past a certain distance on the map.
- Occasionally, daytime will never occur.
- Occasionally, microphones do not function.
- It is impossible to edit a sign or a tombstone.
- When mining, Some background walls and blocks may not appear.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.