The Ladybug is a small uncommon critter that can be found in Forests with a town during the Windy Day event (not at night). It can be caught with a Bug Net and carried in the inventory, or crafted into a Ladybug Cage. It can also be used as bait for fishing. Touching naturally spawned Ladybugs will temporarily increase the player's luck, while killing them or consuming them as bait will temporarily decrease the player's luck. However, using them for crafting does not affect luck, allowing the following recipes to be made consequence-free.
total: 4 row(s)
- Ladybugs have a bait power of 17%. In Italian culture, the number 17 is considered unlucky. When viewed as the Roman numeral, XVII, it is then changed anagrammatically to VIXI, which in the Latin language translates to "I lived", the perfect implying "My life is over".
- The Bestiary entry for the Ladybug: "A brilliant red insect often associated with luck. Fishing with these as bait may result in unwanted karma."
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.