Larvae are created during world generation, and each world has a limited number of them, except for worlds with the secret seeds For the worthy and Not the bees!, where they can slowly regenerate anywhere over time. Once all Larvae in a world have been destroyed, Queen Bee can still be summoned via the Abeemination, a crafted item.
- Players who are unprepared to fight Queen Bee should be very cautious around Larvae, as they are very fragile. Similar to Pots and grass, a Larva is destroyed with a single hit from weapons or damaging tools. In addition, it is destroyed in the following ways:
- From hooks, even if latched from below onto the blocks the Larva is placed on.
- From any minion that deals contact damage.
- By creating a block on one of the tiles that are occupied by the Larva.
- From Fallen Stars in Not the bees!, where Larvae generate on the surface.
- In some cases, by walking through it.Verify
- The Clentaminator's beam will not destroy a Larva.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.