|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||10 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Fire a lifeform disintegration rainbow'|
- Last Prism Laser
- Last Prism
The Last Prism is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance of being dropped by the Moon Lord. It fires several beams of light that converge into one focused beam as it charges. It deals a massive amount of damage having one of the highest base DPS in the game, but rapidly consumes mana.
The Last Prism projects 6 beams that deal individual damage as they begin to rotate out of its tip, then spin faster as they converge into one thick beam. This process takes exactly 3.365 seconds, each beam continuing to deal the weapon's full listed damage. The fully-converged beam deals 3 times the listed damage, for an output of 300 damage per hit. Unlike most piercing attacks, the weapon hits 12 times per second (every 5 game ticks). The mana cost will increase sharply as the beam converges.
Due to the weapon's high mana cost (12 mana 6 times per second when fully charged = 72 mana per second), players will struggle to maintain the beam for more than 5-6 seconds. A Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, Nebula armor, and a large supply of Super Mana Potions are recommended for continuous use.
Combining the Last Prism's base damage of 100 with Accessories such as the Celestial Emblem, Sorcerer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, and other damage boosters such as Nebula armor or the clairvoyance buff from the Crystal Ball, it is possible to effectively double the damage output.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism consumes significantly less mana while unfocused. Consider firing in short holds if there is no need for the concentrated beam, such as when facing large enemies or groups.
- While held, the Last Prism's aim works in a sweeping motion, so turn rate is reduced.
- The lifesteal set bonus from the Spectre Hood does not work with the fully charged beam.
- The beam will stop firing after 1 minute of continuous use, but will continue to drain mana. However, this is only achievable with certain setups like using Spikes and Celestial Cuffs, or a Mana flower with a large supply of Super Mana Potions. It’s also possible to achieve this by using a Journey Mode character in godmode.
- The Last Prism is the strongest pre-1.4 item but post-1.4 it competes with the Zenith for the strongest weapon.
- The beam partly clips through blocks although does not pass through blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although Super Mana Potions are the only effective way to continuously shoot the beam, the Mana Sickness debuff they incur heavily reduces its damage output. If this is not of the player's concern, the Mana Flower can be a helpful asset. If it is, there are quite a few other workarounds:
- It is also possible to set up statues of enemies with a 1-Second Timer, and use minions or traps/lava to kill them. Then using the Celestial Magnet or its upgrades, the player continuously picks up mana Stars. Statues of the Skeleton, Crab, slimes, and other less mobile enemies are recommended.
- One can also use Magic Cuffs (or Celestial Cuffs) while standing on Spikes to fire the beam indefinitely. With a Celestial Stone, this results in very slow life loss, such that one can recover with potions. While not effective against many fast moving bosses, it can be used on events such as the Old One's Army.
- With Nebula armor, an enemy statue farm (provides buffs), magic-boosting accessories, and a proper arena, it is possible to reach 250,000 points in the Pumpkin Moon. A similar effect can be achieved in the Frost Moon.
- With an enemy statue farm, it is possible to use the Last Prism almost infinitely (due to the time limit of using it per hold-click) by collecting the Stars dropped by killed enemies. Star Statues can increase this Star amount.
- With Nebula armor, a Mana Flower, and buffs from the Crystal Ball and Magic Power Potion, the Moon Lord can be easily defeated far before the 60-second use time of the Last Prism expires.
- It is only recommended using it in open-area combat as the beams can only partly go through solid blocks. The Lunar Flare, another magic weapon dropped by the Moon Lord, serves better for this purpose.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism beam has the same sound effect as the Phaseblade/Phasesaber.
- For the first few seconds during usage, this weapon produces a sound () similar to that of Jetpack, the Rocket Boots, the Aqua Scepter, and the Golden Shower.
- This item could be considered an upgrade to the Charged Blaster Cannon, as both have a high-DPS beam.
- The super beam is also similar to the Phantasmal Deathray launched by the Moon Lord and the True Eyes of Cthulhu. Coincidentally, the Moon Lord's beam in Expert mode also does 300 damage, and the other eyes deal around 100, which corresponds to the weapon's damage when focused and unfocused. However, the Moon Lord and his minions will cause invincibility frames while the Last Prism will not.
- The Last Prism used to have the highest overall DPS of any weapon in Terraria, but it has since been surpassed by the Zenith.
- However, it still possesses the highest magic DPS in the game, capable of reaching up to 15,000 DPS against a single Target Dummy.
- The beams change to various different colors if the character's name is one of the following names listed below, which are the names of various testers for Terraria. Having the name "Random" will also randomize the colors. The same effect is true of the drops from the Empress of Light.
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Orange Aeroblop Green/Yellow Alchemystics Pink/Blue/Light Blue Antithesis Purple/Blue Arkhalis Pink/Blue Aurora3500 Green/Dark Green Cenx Green/Pink Criddle Orange/Red/Pink/Purple Crowno Purple/Blue Darkhalis Pink/Blue Darthkitten White/Red darthmorf Dark Red/Black Devalaous Purple/Blue/Light Blue Discipile Cyan/Black Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Yellow/Green Jenosis Purple/Blue/Light Blue Kazzymodus Green Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Light Blue/Blue/Pink Leinfors Purple/Blue Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Light Blue/Green Mid Dark Red/Pink/Purple Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Blue/Black RBrandon Red/Black Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Orange/Red Suweeka Blue/Light Blue/Green Tsuki Pink Unit One Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple/Blue W1K Purple/Blue Waze3174 Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Xman101 Green/White Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Discipile.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Cenx, Crowno, Lazure, Jaxrud, Acamaeda, Alchemystics, Antithesis, Aurora3500, Criddle, Darthkitten, darthmorf, Jenosis, Kazzymodus, Khaios, Loki, ManaUser, Mid, ppowersteef, RBrandon, Redigit, Serenity, Sigma, Unit One, Vulpes Inculta, Waze3174, Xman101, or Zoomo.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed silent crash when using Last Prism in Multiplayer.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Grox the Great.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Suweeka, W1K or Random.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Nike Leon.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.