In addition to their immunity to lava and the On Fire! debuff, they are also proteced against Poisoned, Venom, Cursed Inferno and Shadowflame.
During the Expert Mode, Lava Slimes always drops one-block of lava that falls downwards. This can endanger the player when exploring Underworld Houses, and can catch the player off-guard when fighting the Wall of Flesh.
- Lava Slimes appear to be on fire, giving off light that can be detected on the side of the screen, to give warning of the approaching danger.
- Despite their resistance from the On Fire! debuff, the Imp Staff's summoned Imp is still very effective against it.
- They don't drop Gel.
- Lava Slimes can sometimes fit through 1 block gaps.
- The lava slime's threat level is comparable to that of the Jungle Slime, even though the jungle slime does have higher stats.
- However, a Lava Slime creates now one Lava Block on death since 18.104.22.168 (Expert Only)
- When building a bridge to deal with the Wall of Flesh in Expert Mode, it is advisable to leave one-block breaks in the bridge periodically. This is to allow Lava from defeated Lava Slimes to drain instead of pool up on the surface of the bridge.
- These should be dealt with quickly, due to their higher movement speed.
- Lava Slimes now create a block of Lava upon death. (Expert Only)
- Added to the game.