Lava Walls are naturally-generating background walls found in the Cavern layer at a depth where lava replaces water. These naturally occurring walls can be destroyed with a hammer, but will drop nothing. These walls also do not stop enemies from spawning and cannot be used for proper housing.
On the Old-gen console and versions, the Obsidian Wall is the only Lava Wall that will generate due to it being the only one that exists in those versions.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added crafting recipes for all Lava Wall types.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced Cinder, Ember, Magma, and Smouldering Stone Walls into natural world generation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced Obsidian Walls.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced 4 more wall types. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced 4 more wall types. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Added crafting recipes.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced 4 more wall types.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.