- Internal NPC ID: 117
The Leech is a worm-like enemy spawned by the Wall of Flesh Boss. Multiple Leeches are released from the Wall's mouth, first in groups of 3-4. The groups grow larger and more frequent as the boss takes damage. The Wall of Flesh will eventually release them in a continuous stream.
Segments[edit | edit source]
3 values: Pre-Hardmode › Hardmode › Post-Plantera
Leeches consist of 10-14 segments in total.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Leeches don't despawn once the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
- Unlike most other burrowing enemies, Leeches do not create a digging noise, nor produce particles while digging.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In normal mode, they will always drop a Heart when they die, but in Expert Mode, the chances of a Leech dropping a Heart get reduced to a fifth. Preparing a platform before the fight can help you collect their dropped hearts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Leech: "A worm-like parasite spit forth from the Wall of Flesh, filled with the lifeblood of its host. This blood has healing properties."
- The last part of its Bestiary entry refers to how it will always / often drop a Heart upon death.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.