|Placeable||√ (2 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Permanently increases maximum life by 20|
Up to 15 Life Crystals can be used per player, increasing health capacity by 300 (15 hearts). Added to the 100 health new players begin with (5 hearts), a total of 400 health (20 hearts) can be achieved. Additional Life Crystals can no longer be used at that point, and attempting to do so will not consume the item.
Life Crystals can be found naturally placed in any area in the Underground layer and below, though they are fairly uncommon. They cannot be found in the The Underworld or the Dungeon, unless on Old-gen console. They also have
6.67*1/15 (6.67%) chance to drop from a Golden or Titanium Crate.
After a world converts to Hardmode, and after the 400 health maximum is reached from consuming Life Crystals, Life Fruits can then be used to increase health capacity further, to a maximum of 500 (20 Life Fruits).
|Life Crystals used|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The maximum number of Life Crystals that can generate is 100 on a small world, 230 on a medium world, and 403 on a large world. Occasionally, a Life Crystal will fail to generate causing there to be slightly fewer than the maximum number in the world, but the total will not exceed these numbers.
- The Life Crystal is not a healing potion in the traditional sense. It only restores health when used if below 400 maximum health.
- There are certain maximum health thresholds for specific events to occur. See Health § Notes for details.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Life Crystals acquired after reaching 400 health can be sold for coins, or used to craft Heart Lanterns.
- An easy way to find Life Crystals is by using a Spelunker Potion, as they are highlighted by the Spelunker buff.
- The Underground Jungle is a good place to look for Life Crystals, due to the large amounts of open space. The Ice biome or a Glowing Mushroom biome may be a less dangerous alternative.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Life Crystals can be considered the health counterpart to Mana Crystals.
- Life Crystals are one of the few tiles which still obviously borrow from the Stone Block sprite, even in the final game version. Other blocks which did this, such as Ebonstone/Pearlstone prior to 1.2 or all original ores prior to 18.104.22.168, eventually had their sprites revamped.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now has a
6.67*1/15 (6.67%) chance to be found in Golden Crates and Titanium Crates when fishing.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 1.1: Now sells for 150.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Due to the addition of Life Fruits, hearts are now all red; from 420 health and onward, hearts are smaller like the other versions, and gold hearts represent Life Fruit.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Can now be used up to 400 HP, instead of the former 200 HP. From 420 health and onward, hearts are represented by a gold layer on top of existing hearts (as if the player had used Life Fruits).
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]