|Tooltip||Displays the name of rare creatures around you|
- Internal Item ID: 3118
The Lifeform Analyzer is an informational accessory that displays the name of rare enemies, critters, and undiscovered NPCs (see list below) within 81.25 tiles around the player. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 5.
total: 1 row(s)
List of detected creatures
If multiple rare creatures are detected nearby, the Lifeform Analyzer will report the name of the creature with the highest rarity number.
- Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Lifeform Analyzer do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Lifeform Analyzer may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped.
- Despite Mimics having a rarity number of 4 on the Lifeform Analyzer, they are one of the more commonly found "rare" enemies, when compared to the other rarity 4 enemy, Tim. Other enemies such as the Rainbow Slime only spawn somewhat frequently during very specific conditions, making them much harder to find than enemies with a higher rarity number.
- If there are multiple creatures with the same rarity number nearby, then it depends on their order within the internal list of creatures that are currently alive which one will be displayed. This is impossible to determine without third-party tools like mods.
- Notably, Mimics, Ice Mimics, or Tim may mask the Truffle Worm or Prismatic Lacewing. Any of the previous will mask any less-rare creatures such as Golden Critters, and Biome Mimics will likewise mask anything else. Pretty much anything on the list can mask one of the NPCs needing rescue.
- The Hunter Potion can be used to find the exact location of targets detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Despite being very rare, Sea Snails are not detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased the rarity of Lac, Cyan, and Cochineal Beetles from 1 to 2.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.