- Internal Item ID: 1293
Lihzahrd Power Cells are items used at the Lihzahrd Altar located in the final chamber of the Jungle Temple, in order to summon the Golem boss. One is guaranteed to be found within each Lihzahrd Chest, and they additionally have a
2*1/50 (2%) / 0.5*1/200 (0.5%) chance of dropping from Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes, both of which spawn exclusively within the Temple.
Lihzahrd Power Cells are utilized by simply using the ⚷ Open / Activate button on a Lihzahrd Altar, which automatically consumes one Lihzahrd Power Cell from the player's inventory and spawns Golem immediately.
On all versions, Golem may only be summoned in worlds where Plantera has been defeated; otherwise, the summoning will fail, and a Lihzahrd Power Cell will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
- The Power Cell can be obtained in Pre-Hardmode if a Chest is nearby the Lihzahrd Door or is at the center of the bottom of the Temple.
- Lihzahrds can also sometimes spawn in the entrance if it is long enough, so these can be killed for Power Cells.
- With extra Temple Keys and a Picksaw or higher, Power Cells can be farmed by generating new worlds and gathering the cells guaranteed to be in their Jungle Temples' Lihzahrd Chests, rather than having to kill Lihzahrds hoping for drops. Since Golem can only be summoned in a world where Plantera has been defeated, Cells gathered this way will need to be used in the original world, where it has been defeated. However, it's likely that players well versed with auto-farms would find building a small farm in a central location of the temple more efficient.
- The Power Cell is the only item in the game whose midpoint is lower than that of the copper coin. Meaning, that they would also be destroyed in lava with a depth that destroys copper coins.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Drop rate increased from 0.5% to 2%.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Summoning Golem will now properly only use one Power Cell.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Lihzahrd altar should now spawn and use power cells properly.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Drop rate increased from 0.5% to 2%.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Drop rate increased from 0.5% to 2%.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, with an exclusive recipe.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, with an exclusive recipe.